Meeting Minutes & Notes
CoE Online Scholarship Application (Dec 3, 2019)
The majority can make this date and time.
– Dept. only focus on continuing students
– Updated deadline:
– Developing packages for incoming graduate students
– work with Dept Chair
– Have to log in, use different name when testing
– If questions, ask Dean for MOU
– Finish testing by the 11th
CoE Scholarship College-wide Process (Oct 30, 2019)
Organized by Bomer, Randy, with Mcfarlin, Brian, Armstrong, Mark, Harbour, Clifford, Combes, Bertina, Templeton, Tran, Matthews, Brittney, Ray, Dee, and Kelly, Lauren, at MH 117 .
Notes from Calendar Event:
We are looking for a more centralized/streamlined way of administering scholarships to COE students. We would like to hear about the process in each department so we can move in an efficient direction. Please send a copy of your departments scholarship application to myself Brittney.firstname.lastname@example.org
– No money to recruit; only continuing students.
– Lots of variation among dept. and college.
– Centralize and decentralize.
– Bertina: spread out or small chunks
– Potential for long term commitment.
– EC working on grad packages, including insurance.
– grad/ungrad split
– Brian: what is best way to get info, what info is needed, how to organize, outputs to show eligibility
– No writting for financial support
– what about %age?
– Cleaning up MOUs — bring in line, make current
– Do we need an essay? or only MOU?\
– Start sending money in January — pushing money to students (dean)
– Hold off on sending out current—
– Before the 8th. on Personal statement (y/n)
– No recommendations