Meeting Minutes & Notes
Nov 1, 2019
– follow-up with Brock
– MOU for ncpeid
– Find a way to aggregate blog topics
– Develop timeline for SHAPE sig, deadlines.
– When to market, when to submit.
Oct 31, 2019
– Blog content (how to recruit)
– Ask Will about place in SLC, no budget, menu-variable
– Awards — Advertise — early June
– Collab w NCPEID
– speaker fee
Oct 21, 2019
Discuss preparations for annual convention.
– Claudine Sherrill Breakfast
– APE social
– Tommy Wilson Grant applications
– Conference Sessions (APE SIG business meeting)
– Social media to market APE
– Unified APE
– Webinar topics for APE
– Awards & Breakfast
– Price is fixed for breakfast —> not making money, can’t lose money.
– If want breakfast, in hotel, pay price. Can go offsite, can’t give awards or lecture (SHAPE business items)
– Prices are same across the organziation. Should be more affordable this year.
– Try to keep item $ as low as possible.
– Deb: create distinction between people.
– Can have awards w/o breakfast.
– Adjust name of “breakfast” to be awards.
– SHAPE hands off—community makes choice.
– Any restriction: not restricted to breakfast hour.
– Need prefer time/date to SHAPE (beginning of Nov.) => 2.5 & 3 weeks SHAPE guarentees change. About Nov. 8th.
– SHAPE handle room needs, round for breakfast, stadium for lecture.
– Awards => a few at socials (Thursday 6-7:30pm)… fruit, cake, desert.
– Example: Research, tied to lecture, one awardee gives a lecture.
– Can change length.
– For lecture: topic title, and abstract (before new year, Dec. 15th).
– Lecture, with awards — no food, no cost.
– Half planned out for SIG business meeting — the other open. Usually on Friday.
– Any changes in as soon as possible.
– Try to not schedule adapted presentation against meeting or breakfast.
– Awards: all had at least one, some APE were nominated for outside awards. SHAPE assist with distributing — chair, co-chair decide (winners back by Dec. 10). Info will be sent as soon as possible as soon as decided on review. Stephanie, & Joey => list of reviewers, send numbers, then send back which person won which award.
– Change to awards right after SHAPE meeting => not too keen on adding too many.
– SHAPE makes determination, title and criteria.
– SHAPE: Well promoted, logistics is covered.
– Certificate ok, but SIG takes over.
– Social media marketing
– Exchange went away — replaced by MySHAPEAmerica (lack of connection with daily email); Facebook group (shortform).
– SHAPE has new blog platform (two to three peices per week): can submit blog content-> monthly content from SIG (best longform): Joey send contact info.
– Twitter: 4-5 posts per day. Brad started — currating content from community. Monthly list to SHAPE.
– Building Webinars
– SHAPE: hit pause on regular webinar
– could revisit with interest
– Blog way to reach or videos on social media (though of 2-3 minute video on topic).
– SHAPE hosting conference in Pittsburg (June 22-23) heavy focus on inclusive practice, strong Special Olympics presence.
– Member of SIG to develop or curate presentation (may not be call for proposal).
– Unified PE
– SHAPE signed MOU to formalize level of partnership with Special Olympics.
– Cocreate content. blog, share resources, work together for sessions in Pitt.
– UPE: One of many tools.
– Offer: Host conversation between UPE and others talk through differences. Guided by Stephanie Morris: equal, open conversation. Invitation. Specifically offered to Lauren.
– Tommy Wilson Grant (early June 1st 2020 deadline)
– most applicants are schools, better align with schools.
– Same other areas (description, $, etc.). More applicants every year (70+ last year).
– Review process similar to sig awards.
– Any extra info:
– Any changes to breakfast back ASAP.
Sept 29, 2020
– Timeline (Deb has)
– Tommy Wilson Grant
– Email Stephanie (cc’ Deb)
– Request for business meeting/distingished lecture, julien stein award (awards, due Oct. 15)/nominations
– Recorded lecture — “chat” with presenter
– Reach out to Suzanna - shape members for next chair
Apt 22, 2019
Need a method to contact and connect people in APE/A.
– if Facebook, need SHAPE’s approval
Make an Award ”session” — certificate, need to fill 15 minute